Monday, October 19, 2015

The Challenge #47 {An Inspiration Challenge}


Hello and welcome to The Challenge! Each week we have a fun challenge for you to try! This week we have an Inspiration Challenge! Halloween is less than two weeks away! Eek! I wanted to make a card with my Jane's Doodles "Autumn Blessings" stamp set from SRM Press. I inked the middle pumpkin on a post it note and then fussy cut it to make a mask. Then I stamped the middle pumpkin, and covered with the post it note "mask". Then I stamped the other two pumpkins on either side. Taking out some distress inks, I watercoloured the three pumpkins and added a wash of blue distress ink to the background. The sentiment is a sticker and the washi tape below finished off my card. I was inspired by all the patterns in the Inspiration photo! I used the fun sketch at Splitcoast Stampers.


We are thrilled to have Shona as our Featured Designer for the month and Karren as our Guest this week! Welcome, ladies! I just love your gorgeous cards!

(Featured Designer)

The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!

Guest Designer - Karren Johnson




   
Kim HegginsAnita MaddenKimberly Wiener

Lee Ann BarrettClaire BroadwaterNance Salkeld
Hello Pumpkin card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti





Lori Tecler Michele Ferguson

9 comments:

  1. Great techniques Lesley and love the subtle wash. Why not enter this into TO x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercoloured pumpkins look fabulous and the blue wash is perfect! Fab cards from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you colored your pumpkins, Lesley, and the layering, great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley,

    It's so nice to meet you - awesome challenge, inspiration and blog!
    I just followed you on Pinterest and requested a follow on Instagram.
    I would love it if you'd connect with me on those networks as well!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Lesley! I love your layout and the way you colored the pumpkins is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've used this sketch, Lesley! And your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Halloween card, Lesley! I love your watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pumpkins are beautifully colored, Lesley--terrific card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)